The Special Economic Zones Lounge will showcase infrastructure project pipelines, to help build investor confidence, help companies find lucrative partnership opportunities within governments, the private sector, and learn about the significant business opportunities which exist within these economic zones. The lounge offers a conducive environment to explore collaborations, partnerships, and investment prospects.
Invitation to attend the SEZ Lounge at the Transport Evolution Africa Forum and Logistics Evolution Africa Forum
On behalf of the Tshwane Automotive Special Economic Zone (TASEZ), I would like to extend an invitation to you and your esteemed organisation to attend the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Lounge at the upcoming Transport Evolution Forum and Logistic Evolution Forum.
The SEZ Lounge is a space dedicated to showcasing investment and business opportunities within the TASEZ and other SEZs in the African continent.
TASEZ is Africa’s first automotive city, an industrial hub that provides investors with a wide range of offerings to help their businesses flourish. We are an SEZ that is focused on growing South Africa’s automotive manufacturing industry. This means were ready to provide a number of financial and infrastructure incentives to make doing business that is much easier.
We are proud sponsors of the SEZ Lounge particularly as we believe it will bring together industry players, investors, government representatives, and other key stakeholders from the transport and logistics industry. It offers a unique platform to establish valuable connections, engage in discussions and explore potential areas of collaborations and partnerships.
It is with great pleasure to invite you to listen to the presentations, participate in the discussions and network while enjoying our hospitality.
Looking forward to meeting you in September.
Dr Bheka Zulu
Chief Executive Officer
Tshwane Automotive Special Economic Zone
The Special Economic Zone
Wednesday, 20 September 2023
Unlocking the synergies between Special Economic Zones and the transport sector
Venue: Hall 2
15:00 – 15:15
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Welcome address: Repositioning SEZs to promote localisation, reindustrialisation and investment attraction: KwaZulu Natal case study
15:15 – 15:25
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Keynote address: The economic impact of Special Economic Zones
15:25 – 17:00
Armchair discussion: Empowering progress: Strategies for SEZs and transformative
transport infrastructure for trade in Africa
Mayoral Welcome Networking Function,
Venue: SEZ Lounge, Hall 2
Thursday, 21 September 2023
09:30 – 09:50
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: KEYNOTE WELCOME AND KEYNOTE: Unlocking the synergies between SEZ Zones and the Transport Sector
09:50 – 10:30
Armchair Discussion: Exploring the benefits of Special Economic Zones to support trade and transport corridors.
10:30 – 11:00
Networking refreshment break
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: AFTERNOON SESSIONS – Spotlight on Special Economic Zones
11:00 – 11:30
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Unleashing opportunities: Showcasing the investment potential of our SEZ Project
11:30 – 12:00
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Showcasing the investment potential of Freeport Saldanha’s project
12:00 – 13:00
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Showcasing Cargo Opportunities at the Dube TradePort Special Economic Zone
13:00 – 14:00
Networking refreshment break
14:00 – 14:15
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Walvis Bay Corridor expansion plans and transport corridors
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Spotlight on transport projects in the pipeline
14:15 – 14:30
Expansion and vision for the Port of Durban
14:30 – 14:45
GGDA vision and expansion plans
15:00 – 15:45
Armchair discussions: Fulfilling Global Prerequisites for engagement and Investment in SEZ’s
Awards Gala Dinner (bookings only)
Friday, 22 September 2023
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Navigating transport’s future: What’s next?
Venue: Hall 1
11:20 – 12:00
SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE: Round of panel discussions: Next phase of transport development in Africa
Delegate Networking lunch
WHY ATTEND THE SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE LOUNGE?
Transport Evolution event offers a unique platform to explore investment opportunities in the transport and logistics sector.
- NETWORKING WITH INDUSTRY LEADERS: The SEZ brings together industry leaders, government officials, and investors who are actively involved in developing and promoting investment opportunities
- GOVERNMENT SUPPORT AND INCENTIVES: SEZs are often supported by governments, which offer various incentives and support mechanisms to attract investment.
- ACCESS TO INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS FACILITIES: SEZs are typically developed with a focus on infrastructure and logistics capabilities.
- SHOWCASING PROJECT OPPORTUNITIES: The SEZ serves as a platform for showcasing specific investment projects within the transport and logistics sector.
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS CONNECTIONS: The SEZ attracts both domestic and international investors, offering a diverse networking environment.
WHY SPONSOR OR SHOWCASE YOUR SEZ/PROJECT/EXPANSION PLANS?
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INVESTMENT, INTEREST AND AWARENESS – BE SEEN AT THE SEZ LOUNGE.!
- Raise your brand awareness by positioning yourself in front key partners
- Showcase and launch your projects, plans and initiatives through presentations
- Present your incentives to attract business
- Build a investment case for your projects to the financial partners
- Meet in the boardrooms to broker deals
WHo SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- SEZ zones to showcase and confirm information
- Rail/Port /Road authorities planning new projects or expansion plans
- Financial institutions y
- Public private partnership consultants
- Investment managers from pension funds Investors
- Logistic companies
- Logistic teams from mining, Agri, retailers and automotive corporations
- Large corporations within the transport sector